Can other Family Members edit the data?
To allow others to check out a data file for editing:
- A user requests to Checkout the data file.
- As the database administrator you receive the request by email.
- You will also see the Checkout Request listed as Pending in Database Manager.
- Here you can approve the request.
- The user can then download a copy of the data file for editing.
- The current version of your database is saved on the server. In
case something goes wrong you can restore the database to its original form.
- Until this user checks the file back in no one else can check out a copy.
- You can check the status of this request at any time in Database Manager.
- You can also view a History of all requests and file transfers and versions of
your saved data.