History of Saco and Biddeford,Maine by George Folsom:
"A division of the Foxwell estate among the heirs and their assigns took place 1732 . The lower checker set off to Foxwell and Harmon in the division of the Patent, was divided into two equal parts by a northwest line, running from the sea to the head of the checker, a distance of two miles and fifty rods: of which the part on the south west being left to the heirs of Harmon , the remaining half, one mile in breadth, was allotted to the Foxwell heirs. A narrow strip only of the latter now lies in Saco , including a lot 70 rods wide, assigned to Pepperell as the representative of Mrs. Corbain , heiress of Nathaniel Foxwell , and another of 35 rods, Mrs. Norton 's portion; so much have the bounds of Scarboro ' advanced into the original Saco township. The lots were laid out in length from the marsh (which was separately divided) to the head of the checker, 518 rods. The eastern moiety of the upper Foxwell and Harmon checker, was distributed into lots running from the patent line to the middle of the checker; the lowest lot, 123 rods wide, was assigned to Pepperell ; the next, 91 ½, to the heirs of Lucretia Robinson ; the next, 91 ½, to the heirs of Mary Norton ; the next, 91 ½, to the heirs of Sarah Curtis ; the next, 91 ½, to the heirs of Esther Rogers ; the next, 91 ½, to Susannah Austin . The Pepperell lot, being the inheritance of Nathaniel Foxwell , was a double portion. The dividing line between Saco and Scarboro ', as it now runs, leaves about two thirds of the division in the latter town."