1. Will of William Brown of Rowan Co.,N.C.
2. Marriage record of N.& S. Carolina by Wm. M. Clemens p. 44.
3. Endowments for the Dead, Logan Temple Bk. F pp. 110,112,114.
4. Salt Lake Temple endowments film 25218 pt 51 350 #7767.
5. Abstracts of N.C. wills by Olds p. 270.
6. Logan Temple Record Bk M, pp. 108-111, Transcript of Baptisms.
7. One record indicated that William's wife was: Margrethia Marie Ann
Garcia-Lopiazia of Portugal. Have been unable to verify where this information
came from. Capt. James Brown did say that his grandrather, William Brown was
allied in marriage to a woman form Portugal. Some say William's father was
Donald Brown of Ayre, Scotland.